Monitoring with Gulfstar
Each year the Earth suffers irreparable damage from air, water, and soil pollution. Environmental pollution costs humankind our most precious commodities: our general health and well-being and ultimately, the very existence of our species.
One of the culprits is modern-day manufacturing; upon which we rely for just about everything. Operating in an environmentally conscious way does not only benefit us globally, but yields cost savings at the business level. When systems go down it can be extremely costly on several levels:
- Systems outages directly impact employee productivity, which is measured in terms of the salaries, wages, and benefits of workers made idle by system downtime.
- Regardless of industry, plant downtime means loss of revenue and typically, disappointed customers.
- Businesses pay dearly for system shutdowns when it comes to lost production.
- Non-compliance with EPA pollution regulations can produce hefty fines.
- Emergency repairs are not typically inexpensive ones. The longer a system is down, the more urgent the need becomes, and the longer it can take to fix due to collateral damage the issues may cause.
The way to avoid expensive and unnecessary downtime is by monitoring; monitoring that is designed for the manufacturing industry.
Gulf Coast Environmental Systems’ Gulfstar Monitoring interface allows customers to remotely supervise and adjust system settings in real time; by means of a simple Internet connection. Gulfstar Monitoring supplies failure prevention data for critical systems — all from a virtual dashboard.
Critical needs for uptime and reliability are provided via this clear, yet comprehensive PLC-based touch screen interface that can be remotely accessed by a customer’s facilities management team and even by GCES with client-created permissions. Monitoring helps to improve efficiency and reduce costs by scrutinizing system and production levels to ensure equipment is running optimally.
The benefits of uptime maximization and equipment efficiency are gained with the insight into monitoring: trending temperatures, exhaust fan speeds, valve positions, and pressures. These analyses reveal issues that can lead to a premature equipment shutdown. Reporting functions enable opportunities to adjust settings and anticipate repairs before a complete system failure that could otherwise result in production downtime and lost revenue.
A Concerted Solution
As a supplement to routine maintenance for pollution control systems, actual system functions across-plant can now be monitored and controlled to include utility settings and other essential parameters; thereby furnishing top performance and cost savings.
Reliable, preventative maintenance provided by Gulfstar Monitoring can save your business time and money, and can put your mind at ease knowing your plant is running at top speed and performance. Call Gulf Coast Environmental Systems at 1-832-476-9024 to schedule a consultation.