Gulf Coast Environmental Systems LLC (GCES) designs and builds custom pipeline metering skids for a wide range of fluids. The metering skids are designed for simultaneous and continuous analysis of the quality and quantity of fluid being transferred in a pipeline. These may be referred to as Lease Automatic Custody Transfer (LACT) Skids.
The most common metering fluid is natural gas. Continuous analysis of the natural gas may include the following characteristics:
- Upper Calorific Value which is defined as the latent energy content released during combustion of the gas
- Concentration of Sulfur Compounds
- Hydrocarbon Dew Point which is the temperature at which higher hydrocarbons condense into the liquid phase
- Water Dew Point which is the temperature at which water condenses out
- Volume and Mass Flow Measurement
Condensation formation may lead to plugging of instrumentation and damage to compressors. Water condensation in the presence of hydrocarbons can lead to corrosion as well. GCES considers these factors and designs our skids accordingly.
Each gas metering skid may consist of flowmeter(s) and a process gas chromatograph to provide the aforementioned gas characteristics. The data is often collected in a computer system located in a climate-controlled shelter with the additional auxiliary equipment and utilities.
Most common uses for GCES gas pipeline metering skids are to reduce pressure and meter the gas to various users at a gas metering stations. The skids typically include filters, heaters, control valves, shutoff valves, pressure regulators, sound pressure level attenuation, overpressure protection, and flow metering instrumentation. Separately, each station is generally equipped with collection drains and storage tanks.
Other GCES oilfield and process skids include:
- Lease Automatic Custody Transfer (LACT) Skids
- Transfer Skids
- Process Skids
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Oxygen (O2), and Nitrogen (N2) Metering Skids
- Filtering Skids
- Pig Launcher and Receiving Traps
- Heating Systems
- Odorizing Systems
- Pressure Regulating Stations
- Fuel Gas Skids
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Decompressing Stations
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Regasification Stations
- Specialty Systems