Did you know that regular service of your pollution control and heat processing systems can result in significant savings? With regular service from GCES we help to:
- Maximize efficiency. In some cases we are able to develop solutions that utilize waste heat recovery to assist with power production.
- Manage and control operating costs through calibration of system settings
- Minimize the chance of an unexpected system shut-down, which can often cost thousands, if not millions, of dollars in lost operating production
- Reduce the chance of regulatory compliance issues, fines, and safety hazards
- Improve the life and uptime of the system and components reducing the need to replace costly equipment
THE MOST COMPLETE INSPECTION PROCESS IN THE INDUSTRY
Our Preventative Maintenance Evaluation contains over 200 inspection points and often requires more than one day to complete. Upon completion of our PME, an extensive report is provided to you which details our findings, action items, and recommendations to maximize the operating efficiency of your thermal oxidizer, scrubber, oven, or furnace. For more information about our PME service call 832-476-9024 or click here.
GCES’s SUPERIOR SERVICE TEAM TRAINING & EDUCATION
Our service team contains some of the best and brightest service professionals in the industry. Prior to entering the field each member of our service team completes train in the following departments:
- Engineering: GCES engineers work with new service team members, providing training on original build specification comprehension, changes in EPA standards, programming, alarms, and monitoring the control system.
- Safety: Our service team is required to complete a number of personal, workplace, driving, and machinery safety trainings. Also included in our training process is our corporate safety officer, who works with each new employee to provide them with knowledge of our safety standards, personal protection equipment best practices, and finally a review of OSHA requirements. This protects both our team and your facility as we are servicing it.
- Manufacturing: GCES services equipment from nearly every environmental protection system and oven manufacturer. As a result, we do not have quality control of the equipment that we are servicing prior to this appointment. Our field service representatives work closely with manufacturing to understand workmanship issues that can appear in the field and predictors for substandard quality workmanship. This provides our service members with a deep understanding of each piece of equipment and how it should have been built, enabling our team to serve as an advisor to you of potential manufacturing related hazards.
- Service: New service team members spend weeks in-house learning our checklists, forms, procedures, and standards before ever entering the field. As they enter the field, they work with team leads for many months receiving hand on experience and ongoing training.
Our service team has both the formal education and the job experience to support all your service needs. Our certified team has worked in computer programming, electronics, low voltage controls, oilfield technical service, drilling operation, hydraulic systems maintenance, mechanical engineering, and electrical contracting.
SAFETY FIRST AND SAFETY ALWAYS
Safety is our #1 goal because we don’t just care about the environment, we care about the people that enjoy it, too. Our service team is supported by an in-house safety officer and receives regular safety training and support including:
- Aerial Lift Safety
- Arc Flash Safety
- Battery and Charger Safety
- Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety
- Confined Space Entry
- Contractor Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Field Safety
- Hand and Power Tool Safety
- Two Hazard Communication Courses
- Hot Work Safety
- Hydrogen Sulfide Safety
- Industrial Fire Protection
- Laboratory Safety
- Machine Guarding
- Material Handling Safety
- Overhead Crane Safety
- Respiratory Protection
- Safe Stacking and Soring
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Awareness
- Severe Weather Awareness
- Spill Response Awareness
- Storm Weather Pollution Prevention
- OSHA Recordkeeping
- Travel Safety
- …and many more
Additionally, our team members have completed nearly a dozen standard First Aid and Driving safety training courses.
ACCESS ACROSS THE GLOBE AND TO EVERY INDUSTRY
Our team members hold TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) cards and Passports allowing for International Travel to support all of your facilities. With experience across dozens of industries, we can pull from a vast team to create the perfect mix to support your facilities ovens, furnaces, and soil, water, and air pollution equipment.
We can assure that you will have a dedicated service team supporting all of your equipment across the globe with a detailed knowledge of each facility’s needs and requirements, as well as your company’s goals.