Gulf Coast Environmental Systems’ PWRS Water Evaporator is a trailer mounted wastewater evaporator and concentrator offering water disposal and cost savings in a mobile solution. This unit was created to provide rapid treatment for wastewater where storage options like tanks, ponds, and pits may be limited. The evaporator concentrates a wide range of challenging aqueous waste, from water sources such as leachate and drilling water. It is also equipped to destroy Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and PFAS, which can be difficult to abate using traditional wastewater treatment methods.
How does it work?
- Leachate Pre-Treatment – systems that have high concentrations of total suspended solids (TSS) and free oils, greases, and insoluble organics will have a customized pre-treatment section which could include a Polymer Activation System and a Dissolved Air Flotation System (DAF).
- Aqueous Waste Disposal via Evaporation – the process of quenching is used to reduce the amount of aqueous waste. The waste stream is sprayed into a hot gas stream to evaporate up to 90% of the initial liquid. The mixture is then routed to a thermal oxidizer for a reduction of up to 99% of the VOCs entrained in the liquid.
- Carrier Gas Post-Treatment – the gas exiting the evaporation chamber will be polluted with crystallized solids and other particulates. There are several different systems which could be utilized as a targeted approach ranging from a baghouse system to a cyclone.
- Thermal Oxidizer – this provides both a pollution abatement system by destroying up to 99% of the entrained VOCs in the exit gas, as well as providing an energy source for the evaporator. The VOCs in the process exhaust stream are converted to carbon dioxide, water, and thermal energy using a high temperature combustion chamber.
The PWRS Water Evaporator can be purchased on its own or as a service program contract with GCES. Our program is a full-service leachate management system, where we handle the equipment installation, maintenance, leachate removal, and operations. This provides a hassle-free system where our experts are able to make adjustments in the operation of the equipment to meet changing regulations and process needs for one fixed price, based on the volume of leachate processed. Driving to minimize emissions and reduce your carbon footprint, our patent-pending design integrates waste heat from the operation into the evaporator system.
- Cost effective removal service – ranging from $0.05-$0.25/gallon. (This range is dependent on utility costs, and equipment vs service arrangement)
- Worry-free operation, which allows GCES to manage the process as needed.
- Integrated waste heat recovery to lower emissions, fuel usage, and carbon intensity.
- Over 99% removal of PFAS and other hydrocarbons can be achieved with leachate volumes being reduced by greater than 90%.
- Addresses PFAS (Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances) abatement and removal requirements.
- Rapid Cold Startup Capability of less than 1 hour in emergencies and 3-4 hours for a normal start-up.
- Skid-Mounted options available for larger sizes and ease of installation.
- Telemetry diagnostics utilizing GCES’ Gulfstar Monitoring Interface.
- Low NOx Rated Burners and controls, helping you achieve your emissions goals.
These options are available a la carte as needed or as fully integrated complete packages setup on secondary or tertiary trailers.
- Settling tank
- Compressed Air
- Water pre-treatment for solids, contaminated water, and hazardous materials
- Treatment for released air where air pollution must be treated
If you are interested in this technology, or would like to learn more about Gulf Coast Environmental Systems’ wastewater solutions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 832.476.9024